Daniel Dubois says he’s ready to “chop up” Joe Joyce and “send a message to the world” when the pair meet in London on Saturday night.
Dubois vs Joyce will take place inside London’s historic Church House in Westminster, with BT Sport 1 HD screening the eagerly-awaited heavyweight showdown.
The 23-year-old Dubois has been hugely impressive in building a 15-0 record with 14 wins inside distance. He is already ranked number 2 by the WBO and is on the brink of a world-title shot in 2021.
Dubois can’t wait to get at Joyce
First though he must come through the stiffest test of his career so far. But he is far from worried about the prospect of meeting fellow unbeaten prospect Joyce (11-0 with 10 inside).
A confident ‘Dynamite’ said at Thursday’s final press conference: “I feel confident and left no-stone unturned in training. I am not intimidated by his experience. He has never been in with a fighter like me before and I’m ready to go. I’ve accomplished what I’ve needed to and it’s my destiny.
“You can argue some guys he beat were past their prime. I am young and hungry. I am ready to go 12 rounds no problem if I have to. I am ready for a long, hard fight but also a quick one.
Daniel ready to unleash ‘Dynamite’
“I have the power in both hands to take him out. I will break him down and chop him up. People haven’t seen the best of me. This fight will show I can do something else. I am looking forward to showing my whole repertoire and skill. I want to win in devastating fashion and knock him out.”
Dubois of course knows that victory on Saturday will see him closing in on that world-title shot in 2021. Should current champion Anthony Joshua vacate to chase a clash with Tyson Fury, then Dubois will likely face mandatory challenger Oleksandr Usyk for the vacant strap.
Dubois can’t wait to take that opportunity with both fists, vowing: “I want to send a clear message to the rest of the fighters in the Heavyweight division and to the world that I am coming. I’m ready for war.”