Tyson Fury says his Instagram was hacked after a message was posted on his account telling his 4.1million fans to “pray for Israel”.
The post caused outrage in many quarters as the current conflict between Israel and Palestine continues to escalate. Particularly as Fury has been pictured in the past wearing training gear bearing the message “Free Palestine”.
‘The Gypsy King’, currently in the United States preparing for his August megafight with Anthony Joshua, responded on Wednesday night, saying he didn’t post the message and that a suspicious log-in to his account had been identified.
Fury on Israel post
His statement read: “First and foremost I send Love, Strength, Hope and Peace to ALL those people caught in the conflict in the Middle East. I stand with the people. I represent and embrace all cultures in this world – always have. I pray for peaceful resolution.”
Fury then went on to explain exactly how the post had come to be on his account, saying: “As for the backlash I totally understand the impassioned and visceral reactions to the post. I love you all regardless and needed to clear this up swiftly.
“I must stress again it was NOT me and my team and I have quickly identified the suspicious log in on my activity log. We’ve tightened everything up watertight.
Fury blasts culprits
In a brief video message which accompanied the statement, Fury was clearly angered by the situation and said: “Whoever is on my Story, get the f*** off there you little b*******.”
The lineal, WBC and Ring magazine heavyweight champion was meanwhile pictured in Miami on Wednesday with David Beckham and musician David Guetta. Beckham is the owner of the local MLS franchise Inter Miami CF.
Fury’s showdown with Joshua – for the undisputed heavyweight championship of the world – is expected to take place in Saudi Arabia on Saturday August 14.