BT Sport is one of the premier broadcasters in the UK and Ireland, with a terrific boxing heritage full of great fights and sensational moments.
Owned by telecommunications giant BT, the channel has become a major player in delivering live TV sport in recent years, and the fight game is just one example.
Outside the square ring, BT also shows English Premier League football and elite MMA coverage via its relationship with UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship). BT Sport is also the home of the UEFA Champions League, after the company paid an eye-watering £1.2billion to secure the fights for Europe’s premier football club competition.
Subscribers to BT Sport channels get a high-quality schedule of boxing fights throughout the year as part of their package. Meanwhile certain fights are shown as pay-per-view events. on the BT Sport Box Office platform.
Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder 2 and Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder 3 for example were all PPV events on BT Sport Box Office, with fans paying a one-off fee to access the bouts. The recent Fury vs Dillian Whyte title fight was also be a PPV affair on BT Sport Box Office.
BT Sport also showed the sensational middleweight bouts between P4P king Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez and Gennadiy ‘GGG’ Golovkin in 2017 and 2018.
BT Sport Box Office
BT Sport Box Office is the pay-per-view platform where viewers can pay a fee to watch major sporting events such as huge world title fights.
WBC world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury and UFC megastar Conor McGregor are just two of the fighters to have graced the platform regularly in recent years.
Fury has a matching rights deal with BT Sport, and it is expected that his planned world heavyweight title unification bout against Anthony Joshua will air on BT Sport Box Office this July or August, as well as on Sky Sports Box Office.
The price is determined on an event-by-event basis for BT Sport Box Office events. Fury’s rematch victory over Wilder in Las Vegas in February 2020 retailed for £24.95. Conor McGregor’s UFC rematch with Dustin Poirier on Saturday January 23, 2021 meanwhile cost less than that at £19.95.
Fury vs Joshua on BT Sport Box Office
Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua have signed contracts for a two-fight deal and while their first meeting – which had been planned for August 14 – will now be delayed, it will be the biggest fight in British boxing history when it happens.
With Joshua contracted to Sky Sports Boxing, and Fury fights airing on BT Sport, it is expected both broadcasters will show the eagerly-awaited fight. It would be a pay-per-view on BT Sport Box Office with the date, time and price yet to be announced.
The bout is likely to take place outside the UK due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, with Saudi Arabia the likely venue. Start time would still likely be primetime Saturday night in the UK.
BT Sport Box Office how to watch and FAQs
There are a number of ways in which to watch BT Sport Box Office events. Here are the most important:
- If you’re a BT TV customer, you can buy and watch Box Office events via BT TV.
- If you want to watch on the BT Sport Box Office app or web, sign up for a BT Sport Box Office account.
- You cannot watch events on the BT Sport app, you must download the BT Sport Box Office app.
- If you have a Sky box and viewing card, you can buy any event.
- Virgin Media customers should consult details on their set top box or the Virgin Media website.
- TalkTalk TV customers can purchase and watch events on channel 494.
- Republic of Ireland customers can buy events, and should go to Sky Ireland for more details.
BT Sport Box Office channel numbers: BT Sport Box Office is Channel 494 on BT TV; BT Sport Box Office 2 is Channel 495 on BT TV; BT Sport Box Office is Channel 490 on Sky TV; BT Sport Box Office 2 is Channel 494 on Sky TV.
BT Sport Boxing schedule
Major upcoming confirmed fights on BT Sport are as follows:
- May 21: Zach Parker vs Demetrius Andrade (Derby)
BT Sport Boxing fighters
BT Sport has a contract with Frank Warren’s Queensberry Promotions which ensures high-quality boxing on a regular basis. Fighters include:
- Tyson Fury (world heavyweight champion)
- Joe Joyce (heavyweight)
- Daniel Dubois (heavyweight)
- David Adeleye (heavyweight)
- Anthony Yarde (light-heavyweight)
- Lyndon Arthur (light-heavyweight)
- Liam Williams (middleweight)
- Mark Heffron (middleweight)
- Denzel Bentley (middleweight)
- Hamzah Sheeraz (super-welterweight)
- JJ Metcalf (super-welterweight)
- Troy Williamson (super-welterweight)
- Chris Jenkins (welterweight)
- Ekow Essuman (welterweight)
- Jack Catterall (super-lightweight)
- Sam Maxwell (super-lightweight)
- Archie Sharp (super-featherweight)
- Anthony Cacace (super-featherweight)
- Brad Foster (super-bantamweight)
- Charlie Edwards (super-flyweight)