REVEALED: Tyson Fury lists offers to stage Joshua fight

Sign up for Fury vs. Joshua news

Tyson Fury has revealed the names of the countries who have made offers to stage his summer superfight with Anthony Joshua.

‘The Gypsy King’ took to Twitter late on Friday to reveal multiple territories have made big offers, and says he will be reviewing them on Sunday.

Eddie Hearn said earlier this week that there were 3 or 4 major offers on the table, and Fury confirmed it by saying the following countries are in the mix:

  • Saudi Arabia
  • Qatar
  • Uzbekistan
  • Russia
  • United States
  • England

Fury – big offers on table

Fury said: “Just had some big news. Three or four big offers on the table. Interest from Saudi Arabi, my gypsy brothers in Qatar, Uzbekistan, Russia, America, England.

“Some big, big offers on the table. Gonna go through them on Sunday and hopefully we’ll get this big fight on and let me smash this big dosser. Big useless dosser let me say.”

July currently looks the likely landing spot for the bout, with both men expected to make $100million each for their night’s work. They have signed contracts for a two-fight deal, with the rematch expected before the end of 2021.

Positive signs for Fury vs Joshua

The deadline to finalise a site for the fight is this weekend, so it appears everything is now moving positively forward.

Recent noises from the Fury camp – notably Tyson himself and father John – had been pretty negative as they openly doubted whether the finances are currently around to make such a huge event happen.

Saudi Arabia remains the favourite to host the event, and Hearn has confirmed that if the Middle East does win out, the bout will take place indoors.

Once a site and a date is finalised, TV rights will be the next thing to agree. It is likely that Sky Sports Boxing and BT Sport Boxing will share the rights on a joint pay-per-view production in the UK. ESPN and DAZN appear to lead the way in the United States.